In partnership with the International Soccer Science and Performance Federation (ISSPF) the FA has access to many coaching courses and articles delivered by top level Coaches from around the world with different knowledge and experiences and will be publishing various articles and announcing upcoming available courses across its social media platforms.
The Soccer Leaders Certificate is a fully accredited course provided by the ISSPF and serves as an introduction to best practices, giving information on how to run engaging sessions with players from grassroots to youth levels while developing their technical skills in a fun, safe environment.
According to FA Technical Director, Mr. Dan Neville “Educating coaches on the Island and beyond is a priority for us and the blend of online sessions with the ISSPF and Champion Player Pathway along with live sessions run in conjunction with HLSCC, we feel, will have a great impact on the knowledge and performance of coaches from all sports.”
The Soccer Leaders Certificate has been designed and developed by a faculty of world leading coaches working at elite-level clubs:
- David Baird: Coaching Principles, Youth Development, Coach Education
- Dr. Adam Owen: Technical & Performance Director, Seattle Sounders FC.
- Mirko Mazzantini: Technical Director U8-U14, ACF Fiorentina,
- Dr. Ashley Allanson: UEFA ‘B’ soccer coaching qualification and worked for Hull City Tigers FC Academy for nine years coaching elite young soccer players.
- Efthymios Kyprianou: Strength & Conditioning, Soccer Integrated Training, Testing & Monitoring
The course covers four key areas:
- Fundamental concepts of coaching.
- Key coaching process components & skills.
- Exposure to a modern applied coaching structure.
- Further advances through an introduction to an integrated training approach.
In addition to these areas, modules also involve developing a culture, player pathways, and how to promote and develop sound coaching sessions.
Access to the Course material is via the FA’s website – bvifootball.com as well as the official twitter and Instagram accounts.
Further courses are also coming on stream as the FA strengthens its partnership with HLSCC including the Academy Coaching Certificate and Sports Coaching Level One Workshops.