shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : $0.00
View Cart Check Out

Positive FC faced a baptism of fire as they made their National League debuts against One Caribbean FC, and VG Utd hit Old Madrid for eight unanswered goals as week two proved a goal fest at East End / Long Look.

One Caribbean were in no mood to give new boys Positive FC any mercy in their first ever competitive league game, as they put them to the sword from as early as the sixth minute on Saturday, when Charles Pieere opened the scoring, on his way to a first half hat trick and a final personal tally of four goals. However, he was outshone by Kelvin Glasgow who completed a double hat trick in the 85th minute to make the final score 16-1.

Anthony Daye did find the back of the net for a consolation goal for Positive FC, but with additional OCFC goals coming from Dylan Cline, Dennis Tayler, Chaz Scott, and Martino Rosier (2) it was really a day to forget for the debutants.

“After a devastating last season and loosing 5 youth players in the transfer window, we have had to rebuild the team” commented Coach Morris Mark “Playing against a new team in the league gave us the opportunity to gel the players and allowed us to play our brand of football, passing and moving, and Positive FC seemed unable to handle the early  pressure”

VG Utd were the other big winners over the weekend, cruising past Old Madrid, 8-0, on Sunday at East End / Long Look, with Thomas Albert netting four times. The other goals came from Devante Samuel, Sheldon Harry, who also got his marching orders late in the second half, and Joel Mars who scored twice.

“It was a good game for us” noted Coach Jermain Abrams “we were disciplined in a new formation, put them under pressure and the game flowed. It was good to get some momentum going after a tough game last week and good to see Manly score a first hattrick in a long time. I am proud of the team, the blend of youth and experience, and proud of the result”

Not to be over shadowed, Sugar Boys FC also had a high scoring affair over on the Virgin Gorda Recreation Ground, overcoming Lion Heart FC 4-2, with Derol Redhead scoring twice and Alejandro Sanchez also twice to put the Boys four goals up, before Lion Heart gave the local fans a few nervous moments, scoring twice late on through Sheldon Brown and Owen Bertram, to set up a grand stand finish, but the home side stayed firm.

“Coming off the back of last weekends win over Islanders, we were full of confidence in the way we play” commented Redhead “they are a young side and had the fitness edge, but we play simple football and look to control a game with our shape and discipline. Once we had the cushion of three first half games, we were able to dominate the game despite conceding late on”


The final game of the weekend saw Wolues FC and One Love Utd share the points in a 1-1 draw as Phil Nelson’s first half penalty kick was cancelled out by Richard Morgan’s second half spot kick, by which time both teams were down to ten men.

“We were happy with the first 40 minutes, kept the ball a little and created a few chances but it all changed when we got the red card” lamented Wolues goal scorer Nelson “We reacted well initially to the ten men and managed to get in front from a penalty. The second half we sat back to soak up the pressure and never really adapted again to One love then also going down to ten men. Second half was theirs and although we are unhappy to not win, after being ahead, they are a competitive team and deserved something out of the game”

“We really wanted to win the game but didn’t put away our chances” stated Manager Marc Savage of One Love “overall it was a good game, the guys did their best, but need to be more clinical in front of goal. Once we get more comfortable playing together as a team, we will we been even better”

Week two action rounds out on Wednesday night when Islanders FC face Panthers FC at East End / Long Look, with a 7.00pm kick off.